Krzyztopor Palace, erroneously called a castle is a large building in the Italian style.
Built in the seventeenth century by the royal courtier, king's representative and the commander of the unit against the Turks and Tatars - Krzysztof Ossoliński. After the sudden death of Ossoliński the property was taken over by the another family member, but the construction of the palace was never fully completed.
During the Swedish Deluge in 1655, the palace was looted, but still, it was inhabitet up to 1770. Since the destruction of by the Russian army in the same year during the defense of by the supporters of the Confederation of Bar, Palace Krzyztopor became a ruin, which today is often visited by tourists.
According to legend the palace was built on the model of the calendar and had "windows so many as days in a year, rooms as much as weeks, great halls as many as months, and its four corner towers corresponded to the number of quarters".
CC licence: some rights reserved by SunnyCompanyAdress:
Ujazd 73, 27-570 Iwaniska, PolskaGallery:
April-September 8:00-20:00, October 8:00-17:00, Nov-March 8:00-16:00Tickets adults:
- It is possible to organize a camping - an option for an additional fee of 20 PLN - details are on the attraction's website