Monument of the Little Insurgent is located at the city walls of the Old Town, close to Column of Sigismund and the Royal Castle.
Designed by the Polish sculptor, Jerzy Jarnuszkiewicz in 1946 and officially unveiled by Jerzy "Lubicz" Swiderski - the youngest insurgent from the soldier battalion "Wigry" many years later, on Oct. 1st, 1983 during the celebration of the 15th anniversary of naming the Warsaw ZHP scouts banner as "Children of Warsaw".
Monument was modeled after the sculpture "The child-hero" which was designed at the student's time of the sculptor.
A young boy in a helmet with a big machine gun slung and with big military boots is a tribute to all children and most of all to scouts taking part in the Warsaw Uprising.
CC licence: some rights reserved by SunnyCompanyAdress:
ul. Podwale, Warszawa, Polska