The National Museum in Szczecin is located on the Wały Chrobrego.
The visitors can see permanent and temporary exhibitions from several departments: Education, numismatics, Marine, Non-European Cultures, and Ethnography of Pomerania.
The permanent exhibition consists of:
- "Ancient Roots of Europe. Szczecin's Dohrn collection "- ancient Greek pottery and the largest European collection of bronze reconstruction of ancient statues
- "The Golden Age of Pomerania. Art at the court of the dukes of Pomerania in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries "
- "Old Silver", "Hans Stettiner and Jan Szczeciński. Everyday life in Szczecin in the twentieth century"
- "The Art of Africa - between the mask and fetish"
- "West Pommeranian Coinage from the eleventh to the nineteenth century," and others.
Part of the National Museum is the Maritime Museum, which may be of particular interest for children, as among the collections are navigational instruments, old maps and models of various marine vessels.
CC:licence some rights reserved by artuoneAdress:
ul. Staromłyńska 27, 70-561 Szczecin, Polska
open from Tuesday to Friday 10:00-18:00, at weekends 10:00-16:00, closed on MondaysTickets adults:
- On Thursdays admission to the museum is free of charge
- You've got the option of paying in Euros