The botanical Garden of the University in Lublin is located in Sławinek. It is a popular recreation area for the residents.
Lublin garden collections consists of over 1600 species of trees and shrubs. The area is divided into sections:
- Department of bulbs and tubers
- Department of Dendrology (Arboretum)
- Department of Plant South and South-East Europe
- Bible plants
- Department of Polish Flora
- Protected plants
- Department of Plant Mountain (Rock Garden)
- Department of Ornamental Plants
- Department of Plant Systematics
- Department of tropical and subtropical plants
- Department of Utility Plants
- Department of water and wetland plants
After a long walk, you can sit down at "U Baby Jagi" cafe and have a cup of coffee, tea, or eat some ice cream. You can also feed the ducks with special food available in vending machines. The Botanical Garden is usually open till the end of October.
Particularly interesting are the greenhouses with tropical plants, where we can see a very interesting collection of cacti and other plants not found on a daily basis in our latitudes.
Recently the historic manor of Kosciuszko family has been opened to the public, originally dating from the eighteenth century, which once belonged to the uncle of Tadeusz Kosciuszko.
CC licence: some rights reserved by Klaudiax33Adress:
Ogród Botaniczny UMCS, ul. Sławinkowska 3, 20-810 Lublin 63, Polska
From 1 April to 28 October 2012: Monday - Friday from 9:00 to 18:00. Weekends: from 10:00 to 18:00.Tickets adults:
Family tickets - 15 PLN
Entry to the Garden and the ticket offices are located in the Solidarnosci alley and the Willowa street.
For those who will go by car, you should enter from the Willowa street - there are about 100 parking spaces here.