Underground Tourist Route runs under the Rzeszow market square. The entrance to the interior is the town hall, more specifically from the Slowackiego street (Rynek 26).
During a guided tour you can learn about underground passages, which were used for centuries as merchants' warehouses, and in moments of danger were also an ideal refuge for the inhabitants. Some of them have their own names - so there is a Lubomirskis' corridor, Rzeszowskich's basement or the Path of Merchants.
Currently, you can only see the remains of old walls, all the rest of the corridors has been reconstructed in modern times. The route is not only about corridors, but also about an interesting story about the history of the city and the region, as well as special exhibitions that present the coats of arms, weapons, utensils or armor.
At the entrance there is an information desk and a café.
- When going underground (especially on hot days) you should remember to bring extra clothes, because the temperature in the cellars is about 9-10 degrees;
- Rzeszów underground can be visited only with a guide (in groups of up to 20 people).
- Depth: 0.5 - 10 m under the Market Square
- Number of floors: 3
- Length: 369 m
- Number of chambers: 15 corridors, 25 cellars
- basement formation period: XIV-XVIII centuries
- entrance object surface: 646 sq m
CC licence: some rights reserved by Sunny CompanyAdress:
Podziemna Trasa Turystyczna ul. Juliusza Słowackiego, 35-001 RzeszówGallery:
From 1 V to 30 IX open: Monday - Friday from 10.00 to 19.00; Saturday and Sunday open from 11.00 to 18.00. From 1 X to 30 IV open: Monday - Friday from 10.00 to 18.00.Tickets adults: