The Wigry National Park is unique. It distinguishes itself from other national parks by the presence of a large number of lakes and rivers. The park can be explored on a variety of ways: walking, cycling, canoeing, and winter skiing.
245 km inland trails and nature trails are located here. In those places where the trails lead through the valuable and easy to destroy marsh ecosystems, wooden walkways, bridges and piers have been built. They are both to facilitate communication, as well to serve as a tourist attraction. Like the towers, platforms and viewing platforms, deployed in the park (the northern reaches of Wiatrołuża up to the southern shores of Wigry), which facilitate the observation of a variety of plants and animals.
When got tired of wandering, you can relax in special sheltered places where were long benches and tables have been placed.
While visiting the Wigry National Park you should:
- ride a bicycle route around the lake Wigry
- take a walk along the nature trails,
- do canoeing on Czarna Hańcza river,
- visit the Wigry Museum in Stary Folwark,
- explore post-Camaldolian monastery in Wigry,
- sail on a ship on the lake Wigry
- ride the narrow-gauge railway,
- catch fish,
- try regional dishes.
CC licence: some rights reserved by PolimerekAdress:
Wigierski Park Narodowy, Krzywe 82, 16-402 SuwałkiGallery: